Thursday, May 23, 2013

Must be raindrops, for a man ain't supposed to cry!

When I saw the seashells chocolates box on the dining table, I remembered, yet again, my daughter.  The image of her, from years ago, as a teenager having those chocolates while watching Grease for the nth time.

I walked back upstairs to grab the Grease CD, to play during the drive to work.  Next to that was the Simon-Garfunkel CD.  I hadn't listened to it for a while and I grabbed that too.

It was a cool and rainy morning drive and I plugged in Grease.  I was all smiles, as I am now even as I blog about it.

On my way back home, I decided that Simon and Garfunkel would accompany me.  I didn't want the songs to be played in the order in which they were listed, and opted for the random play.  Light rain, winding roads, cool temperature, and wonderful music.  I was having a good time.

And I felt water.

I realized that I had lost myself in some thoughts as Garfunkel sang Bridge over troubled water. His voice, the lyrics, the music, and the setting had slowly drawn out the emotions from somewhere deep inside, without me knowing about it.

I took a detour, and stepped out into the light drizzle.

I realized that my own drizzles were not from sadness but from contentment.  A feeling of everything peaceful and quiet within.  And so was the landscape that I was looking at.

I got back into the vehicle and resumed the drive.  No music.  Not because I worried about raindrops but because I wanted to absorb the scenery.  The wonderful spring, though on an unusually cooler side.

I stopped again, when I saw sheep lazily grazing.  I debated within about stepping out into the light rain when the gauge reported it was only 52 outside.

But, it was too good to simply stay in.


It was soothing and refreshing and exhilarating.

I noticed that one was staring at me. I stared back.

We stood staring at each other.  The drizzles I could feel more as they soaked their way past this animal's shirt.  The other animal on the other side of the fence couldn't care with all the woolly clothing.



I blinked.  

The warmth inside the vehicle felt wonderful.  I sat there and watched the animal staring at me.  Damn that patience!

I started driving.  Home, sweet home!

4 comments:

Ramesh said...

Got a completely different idea when I read the title of the post and the first line !!

Its posts like these, that your intersperse in between big issues that you discuss, that makes your blog a gem.

Simon and Garfunkel indeed.

Sriram Khé said...

ah, thanks, ramesh

you make it so easy to impress you ;)

Shachi said...

Such a heart warming post. I love music too....these days, it's a CD of songs sung by hubby. Must do a blog post on it.

Sriram Khé said...

ooooooh .... a husband sings and records a CD and the wife lovingly listens to it day in and day out ... awesome! i wish you both well ...
yes, looking forward to your note on this