Thursday, January 17, 2013

When trolls come visiting to this blog, well, I blog about that too!

After a long time, I checked the Feedburner statistics for my blog:
Perhaps soon the subscriber count of 99 will roll over to triple digits, eh.

There are ten others, Feedburner reports, who have subscribed to receive my posts via email.

And finally the visitors to the blog itself.

Of course, I have no idea how many of these subscribers and other visitors are real people versus some automated programs phishing for information.

No serious hate mail other than this one

And occasional nutcases like what I experienced earlier today!  
The way I have set up my blog, a new post automatically issues a tweet.  Thus, the post on President Obama automatically resulted in this tweet:
Almost instantaneously, I got an alert about a reply to my tweet.  Turns out it from some nutcase, who probably was trolling for keywords and hashtags related to Obama and gun control:
Seriously, Obama Effigy Burn Day?  Terry Jones?

Thankfully, I do not encounter such weirdos in my daily life!

No comments: