Friday, November 23, 2012

Remembrance of things past: The beat goes on ...

Trading emails with the usual suspects, R and S, means that there are enough and more reasons to think about life that was three and four decades ago.  Sometimes, when I think about the days past, I do worry whether that old adage is true: the more we look back means that there is less to look forward to.  I hope not!

Remembrance of things past can be a blessing or a curse, depending on what the mind recalls.  I am thankful then that I do not have to worry about hyperthymesia!

Anyway, primarily thanks to S, and partly because it is almost a year since the school reunion, in the process of thinking about a few classmates I ended up recalling how Prasad often entertained us with his percussion skills.  With his fingers and palms rhythmically beating against the rudimentary wooden desk, he easily entertained us with popular beats.

BoneyM's Rasputin and  were his specialty, and we often requested him too:
The other one was a Hindi song, which was a trailblazer in a number of ways:
Prasad was not at the reunion; I am sure he is enjoying the beat somewhere!

Ah, memories!

1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Ah memories indeed. Maybe its a sign of the years - in the younger days I didn't give much thought to our school, but now every interaction is tinged with nostalgia. Especially since our reunion last year.

Boney M ; Oh Yes - the transition from Night Flight to Venus to Rasputin ........... Waaaaah !