Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cool it, Sriram, cool it!

Time to head back home.  As if to prove that all the proverbial roads lead to the same place, I am taking a different route back, for at least part of the way.

And it makes all the difference, it seems like.

At least with respect to the temperature--no 104 degrees.  Not yet!

As I drove along the wonderfully scenic Pacific Coast, I glanced up to the rear-view mirror to make sure that the traffic was ok for me to pull over, when I noticed the temperature display.  So, even as I was driving, I fished out my phone, and recorded the temperature:


The waves of the Pacific + Sun + 64 + a light breeze = Sriram pulling over to stop for a few minutes.  Life is so unpredictable that if I didn't grab this, and what if I don't get such a chance again?

I got out of the car and inhaled the salty air.  I felt so lightened of all my worries and tensions and stresses.  No wonder an old advice was to take the ill to the seaside--a wonderful natural therapy it is.  I wonder whether Obamacare will allow for trips to Tahiti as valid treatment protocols :)

I turned to scan the horizon and noticed a bird cautiously watching me.  I got my camera out.  It was, as I sensed, the man and the machine to capture the moment the bird would decide it had to get away from the human.  I clicked, it turns out, at an opportune moment:


I lingered on for a while.  Everything was too perfect to walk away.  But, life is a lot more than a day at the beach.  I got back on the road.

Every few miles, I checked on the temperature display.  It eventually reached uncomfortable temperatures.  But, this was not any moment in life where I could turn back.

The unbearable temperatures were only for a little while. Soon, it was in the bearable range.  And then as the sun started descending, the temperature also went down--even faster.  The walk after dinner confirmed that night time is the right time.

Tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Article writing is also a fun, if you know after that you can write or else it is complicated to write.