Friday, June 08, 2012

No money. Will travel. Donations accepted!

It has been a while since "B" swung by my office.  It is always a delight to chat with this student, who is rapidly transitioning to serious adulthood.  As we talked, she asked, "this summer, are you going to Ecuador or any other crazy place like that?"

I wish!

I so wish :(

What a wonderful experience that was!  A week in an "elevated" mood, taking in sights, sounds, and smells that were so far away from my regular life.  And, yet, so many seemed so familiar too.  A sense of "strangely familiar" that echoed yet again, in a different way, when I later spent a hundred days in India.

Thanks to "B" here I am reminiscing about Ecuador, and thinking that bizcochos will go well with a cappuccino :(

Sadder is the realization that with so many other places in the world that I want to visit, I might never return to Ecuador.  As I warn students, being infected with the travel bug simultaneously leads to pain and pleasure.


1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Maybe you should do what this lot are doing