Sunday, May 22, 2011

A selection of responses to my opinion piece ... one more

I wondered whether there might be more comments to my op-ed in the Oregonian.  I am so glad I checked for the comments because the following one, by a reader "looktherapture" makes all the crap that I get from my colleagues all worth it.
Thank you, "looktherapture," whoever you are.

An excerpt from the reader's comments:
I've taken a couple of Dr. Khe's classes. They have definitely been the most engaging and thought-provoking classes I have had at Western. His willingness to "slander" his own profession is commendable; the job of a professor should be focused on spreading knowledge, not providing job certification. When a large majority of the students obviously could not care less about actually learning and just go through the motions, then college has become a "credentialing" program. And if that's the case, maybe people will think twice about going $20,000 in debt for a piece of paper.

No comments: