Monday, May 30, 2011

Oh for a brief moment in the sun ...

For a brief few hours it was a gorgeous spring day here.

Sun, blue sky, puffy white and grey clouds, with an occasional rain drop.  All we need is a couple of hours that way, and I am willing to overlook how nature is otherwise screwing us up with a February weather during these last few days in May.

It is evening, and the rains are back.  The raindrops falling on the roof and on the leaves are loud enough, and yet somehow comforting enough.  I suppose the comfort comes from the familiarity after all these years in Oregon.  Like a wonderful friend having annoying habits!

The sunny warmth and the blue sky already seems like a distant memory.  Good thing I took a bunch of photographs to remind myself that it was not in my imagination!

The river was gorgeous.  People were out and about--I think we all knew that good things, unfortunately, come to an end, and we wanted to enjoy the moment while it lasted.  As I hurried along the path, I overheard two women complaining about their mothers.  In a large group, which seemed like two families all on bikes, one father yelled out to the other father that it was getting all numb down there.  Two older women were seated on a bench, in the sun, and conversing.  A kid asked his mother why there was no trash can right there for him to throw the candy wrappers, and his mother directed him to carry that for a while.  A dog wagged its tail wildly and was so excited to see me that I stopped to pet that pooch.  Which is why I care not that it is raining again.

No comments: