Saturday, May 28, 2011

Email of the day: geography job offer!

My first thought, and the only thought, on reading the following email that was waiting for me in my inbox, is that this is a new way to phish?
Good Morning
My  name is [name] today I was surfing the internet and I found your email contact on the Dept University's website. I am presently looking for tutor for my son [name], we live here in England and he has completed high school last summer back home in Slovakia.
He has been soccer camping for the past month and we feel it is a forward for us to get him a tutor to in Geography of America as he likes to travel and his interest apart from soccer are in Geography and Earth Sciences. He scored  a B in Geography recently in his Cambridge O"Level exam  and we are hoping he becomes a Geographer or Geologist.
Let me know your hourly rates and also time during the week and on week ends you will be available to coach him (total number of hours you can use with him a week).Please let us hear from you soon as he would be in America in a couple of days/week to stay with my sister in-law for the time been and I will very much appreciate it very much if you can introduce me to someone qualified in the case you are not available.
Thanks
Hey, PT Barnum, it is getting increasingly difficult to prove you wrong, man! :)

No comments: