Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Should I stay or should I go?

In case any of my faculty or administrative colleagues come across the title of this blog and hastily start celebrating that I am quitting, ... ahem, it is about Egypt and Mubarak :)
(editor: are you sure they want to be publicly identified as your colleagues?  Awshutup!)

I suppose the US is in one hell of a pickle ... almost like when protests were mounting against the Shah of Iran, back in 1978 and 1979.  Support the dictator because he is "our son of a bitch" or side with the freer expressions in society that will mean then to help the dictator flee the country.  After all, Egypt is no Tunisia--the US has over the decades invested billions and billions not merely in the country, but in Mubarak too. 

Glad it is not my job to make the decision.  Well, it is mine not when it comes to whether or not to support Mubarak, but if it is about quitting my job.  (editor: are you planning to? party on!!! Awshutup already!)

No comments: