Saturday, March 20, 2010

Aah, for some tasty food: Cheppankizhangu Fry

Out at Edible Garden I spotted this: Cheppankizhangu Fry
Had me drooling, recalling the cheppankizhangu dishes that mom makes.

The last time I was in India, I went to Mysore for a couple of days to cool down--Madras was hot like how Madras is supposed to be in July.
In Mysore, I went to the lunch buffet at--I forget the hotel's name now--primarily because the tour book had recommended it.  The lunch was great--the tour book was on the money.  One of the items was a cheppankizhangu dish. It was not a fry, but had ginger and black pepper .... which was awesome.  I went for seconds and ate a plate full of nothing but this :)

I wish I could recall that hotel's name. (Update: tracked it down: it is the Metropole)

In case you are not aware of this root-tuber (?) well, the photo below shows how it looks before it is all cooked and ready for salivating people like me :)

No comments: