Friday, January 22, 2010

Will Justices Stevens and Ginsburg please quite the Court ASAP?

I have absolutely nothing against Justices Stevens and Ginsburg.  I am thankful they were there in that court to duke it out with Rehnquist, Scalia, Thomas, and Roberts on a daily basis.  I wish we had more of these kind of people up there, instead of "scalitomas" Hmmm .... maybe I ought to copyright this "scalitomas"--sounds like it merits medical attention, eh!  Ha ha

Anyway, the reason I want Stevens and Ginsburg to quit now?  I am not sure how much more the Democrats will fumble the ball and, therefore, how much more they will lose their advantage in the Senate.  It will be terrible if in 2011 we end up with a much stronger Republican presence in the Senate, and an even readier-to-fold Democrats, and then comes up the need to nominate two for vacancies in the Supreme Court.  I am tired of nominees who will mouth off being "umpires" who are merely people who have well hidden their ideological track records.  To lose these two liberals and then to replace them with "centrists" is not what I am looking forward to.

No comments: